The Great Smoky Mountains National Park management staff have requested the following priority organism groups for new ATBI projects starting in 2015.
- Hemiptera (certain families, such as Miridae, Aradidae, Lygaeidae, Coreidae, Fulgoridae, Reduviidae, etc.)
- Diptera (certain families, such as Bombyliidae, Mydidae, Stratiomyidae, Scathophagidae, Therevidae, Cecidomyiidae, etc.)
- Hymenoptera (certain families, such as Braconidae, Trichogrammatidae, Eulophidae, Chrysididae, Mymaridae, Polistinae, etc.)
- Thysanura (silverfish)
- Dermaptera (earwigs)
- Crustacea (fairy shrimp, ostracods)
- Mites (terrestrial, parasitic)